The Franklin County Department of Public Safety’s Haz-Mat Team provides the citizens of Franklin County with the ability to:
- Control a hazardous substance spill or leak
- Access and manage container damage
- Detect and monitor hazardous atmospheres
- Use advanced chemical protective clothing
- Decontaminate personnel during exposures
- Perform Advanced Haz-Mat Life Support medical services
The Haz-Mat Team operates in compliance with governmental regulations and professional standards. The team consists of career staff that performs these special operations in addition to their firefighting and EMS duties. If you witness a possible hazardous substance leak or accident, call 9-1-1.